Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Believe and be Hopeful (12/19)

Gospel: Luke 1:5-25

But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. ~ Luke 1:13

Year 2001 I was diagnosed with “Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome” with multiple cysts on both sides of my ovaries. My gynecologist suggested me to settle down at least by the age of 25 because when I reached 30’s, it would be very difficult for me to bear a child. I have to undergo treatment and will keep me a minimum of 2 years to conceive. At that moment, I really wanted to cry in front of my doctor, I felt so disappointed and hurt with the bad news I just heard. I wasn’t expecting that at my very young age I had to suffer from that kind of health condition which may lead to infertility. I really cried when I told my eldest sister and my mom about my health condition. They comforted and gave me hope that someday I will have my own children, just have to follow and cooperate with my doctor for the treatment and proper medication but I was really hopeless and came to a point that I even questioned Him “Why me Lord? I really love babies. I always wanted to have my own kids when I get married”.

For more than two years in SFC community, I just received the answer to my question last week and I know that God used “Daily Manna”, particularly Sis Dred who represented “Angel Gabriel” in the bible verse as an instrument to deliver the message and an affirmation that “it’s never too late…your question has been answered” and I claimed it. PRAISE GOD!

I see myself in Zechariah when he said to Angel Gabriel “How can I know this? I am an old man and my wife is getting on in years”. But the angel replied “I am Gabriel, who stands in God's presence, and I have been sent to speak to you and bring you this good news.” Zechariah and Elizabeth “were upright in the sight of God and impeccably carried out all the commandments and observances of the Lord” but we can see the doubt from Zechariah when he asked Angel Gabriel instead of just saying thank you Lord. Sometimes when we are praying we tend to have a doubt in what we are praying for and we want an immediate answer. We never realize that God is just preparing us to receive the answer or God might give us a better answer in His own perfect time. My fiancée is always telling me that a baby is a blessing from God, we should be hopeful that God will bless us with a very healthy baby in His own perfect time. As we are preparing for our marriage, I am always praying and even tried nine-day novena to Immaculate Concepcion, hoping that all the cysts in my ovaries should be discharged, ovaries will be in normal size and my health condition will be more okay so I will bear child even if I get married at early 30’s.

At first I was hesitant to share but immediately after I read the bible verse I said “YES!” I come to realize that same with Elizabeth and Zechariah they are hopelessly praying and waiting for a gift of child but they are too old and Elizabeth was barren, who were not capable to bear a child but God’s grace and blessing always come in a perfect time. All our prayers have an answer, we just need to wait patiently and believe that God is a faithful and a generous God.



Sis Jnis
Unit 7

2 comments:

  1. God bless you sis Jnis! Continue to believe and be hopeful! ^_^

    sis aRn

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE is a master of the impossible, HE made you out of nothing...pretty good isn't?? HE hangs it on nothing..Hangs pretty good doesn't it...nothing is too hard for HIM...!!

    ReplyDelete