Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

There is no other time but now (12/10)

Gospel: Matthew 17:10-13


The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”
Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.
 ~ Matthew 17:10-13

The gospel of today reminds us brothers and sisters that we have a mighty and powerful God. He has complete dominion over all creatures and mankind. He is a generous giver but He can also take everything away in one snap of a finger.

My brothers and sisters, as we relate this to our daily lives, it tells us to always be READY to face the Lord for we will not know when this time will come.  We should not delay to do good deeds as there is no other best time to start but NOW.   Start giving and share what you have to your less unfortunate brothers and sisters  now.  You may start with your service in the community by offering your talents, time and resources NOW. It is never too late to apologize to someone who you have hurt before or forgive someone who has caused you great pain; you still have the moment now. Whatever the circumstances are, life is too short to let the time and opportunity to do God’s will pass by. We must always live a life that is pleasing to the Lord so that when the time comes, we can face Him with a clean heart and He will welcome us with an outstretched arm and a smile.


Sis Kottie
Unit 5

1 comment:

  1. It reminds me of one of the teaching we had "Repairing Wrong Doing".
    The speaker said, "Think of person (s) whom you have hurt and reconcile with them NOW". I could not think of anyone when finally I thought of my ex. I knew I have hurt him when I didn't give him my forgiveness before he got married. I did forgive him after sometime but he didn't know. Somehow, it moved me to send him message letting him know that I have forgiven him and wishing him to be happy.

    Then it gave me a certain peace.
    (Plus I found out that I should not regret that the relationship didn't last. During our short lived LDR he loved somebody else. The sad part, it's not his wife. I continue to pray for him anyway).

    I learned that NOW is the only time we have.

    We cannot change our past. We can not change the fact that people act in a certain way. We can not change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.”

    ReplyDelete