Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Blessings behind Troubles (12/02)

Gospel: Matthew 9:27-31

“As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!” ~ Matthew 9:27

From the words "Have mercy on us, Son of David", I was thinking about the struggles in life.  I know every one of us are aware that struggles in life are part of our life. No one is exempted. I believe that even struggles and pains are also a blessing from above. Without these, how can we be strong? How can we learn to have faith and trust God? How can we know who are the true people that would really care and pray for us? Even sometimes it may seem out of control, we just have to remind ourselves that God has a plan and a purpose for us. He sees and understands the condition of our hearts. He knows. Going out to attend interviews gave me a chance to discover many places, meet a lot of people and hear their stories. Hearing some of their stories may break your heart and somehow be inspired to keep going. That you will ask and pray, "Lord, please let her have this job. I still have good friends and family to rely on. Please, let her have this job."  God has been very generous with me. When I pray and ask for something, in just an hour or before the day ends, there's already an answer. But because I am hard-headed sometimes and wanting for more, I declined some of the opportunities that came my way. I felt bad in asking for more. I pray again and asked for forgiveness for wanting what I want. I began to think about those people I have met along my journey.  Again, it made me realize how blessed I am. During these times of hardships, sometimes, you can't help yourself  but cry out during prayer. You cry… not because of these hardships, but, because God let you feel and made you realize that aside from these, there are a lot of things to be grateful and be thankful for. He showed me and made me feel that I am still blessed for everything that is happening around me. I may cry because of the hurts and pains that my family and I are experiencing right now, but, as I pray and lay down to sleep, I feel hope, peace and comfort.  I believe during these times, God is with me.

Life can be hard at times, but, we always have choices. With God's help you don't have to let struggles defeat you. Remember, we all face struggles in life. God, will always be there to remind you that,
"I will never fail you, I will never forsake you." - Hebrew 13:5.
Listen to your heart. Be still and quiet.
It may be hard but don't let this struggles steal your HAPPY YOU.
"Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer." - Roman 12:12
The storm will pass... It will pass...


Sis Shella
Unit 5

2 comments:

  1. There is one thing really interesting... When we ask for graces, we don't need to qualify ourselves. :)

    We may feel unworthy for receiving blessings and graces but that's the way it is. Graces are undeserved freely given by GOD... What we should do then is to try our best each day to have deeper relationship with HIM.

    -Con

    ReplyDelete