Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Journey (12/17)

Gospel: Matthew 1:1-17

Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Messiah ~ Matthew 1:17

Browsing the pages in our bible we can see how people refused and accepted the calling and the commandments of the Lord, as well as how our God continuously and constantly stood by His people to offer His undying love and mercy. Because of his Love - God’s glory has passed on to generation to generation as people from all walks of life carry their cross to share and evangelize not only in obedience, but for love and gratitude to the lord our God.

In the past I am so much concern about finding and landing a good job in a well reputed company with an attractive salary package. These things are normal but as I observe the people who have all these, with all the material things in life, I came to ask myself, “Are they truly happy? Can these things make us really happy?” There was a time that I felt everything is well in my life but I cannot help but notice the feeling of something is lacking and no matter where I turn to I can still feel that there is a void that needs to be filled. And this void made me seek more than what this material world can offer, this emptiness directed me to dig deeper and question my goal and purpose in life. Little did I know that I was only feeding my soul and the void that I was feeling was the emptiness in my spirit. And this realization brought me to a path that leads me to seek the Word, where not only my soul was filled but my spirit as well.

This experience made me understand that by carrying our cross we are not only feeding our spirit but also experiencing the fullness of life with the Lord in our hearts. And this is the reason why the glory of God has been passed on to from one generation to another as we cannot disregard, refute, exclude the fact that we need the love and mercy of the Lord our Father.


Bro Jason
Unit 1

No comments:

Post a Comment