Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Vocation of Mary (12/08)

Gospel: Luke 1: 26 - 38

“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. ~ Luke 1:38

In this life, we are called to respond with love and willingness to surrender our own capabilities to the works of God whom have been gracious and loving from the very beginning. I always look at Mama Mary as the very epitome of a Lord’s servant with all her life surrendered to the will of God. Mama Mary herself made known to us the very posture of how a servant must be, in our willingness to be vessels of the grace of God. Jesus himself is the very essence of God’s grace cared inside Mama Mary’s womb who is the new Ark of the Covenant. Mary symbolizes that it is for us to emulate her humility despite our lacking, for the Lord promised us that He will qualify and empower those who are called, He does not call the qualified. I am confident in His very grace that despite of my imperfection I believe that He does not look at my limits or my success, nor should I succeed or fail, rather He only requires me to try. We as new breed of Christians are called to respond with utmost love and devotion for it is only then we will be living our very vocation to Jesus. And with Mary’s ways of living with her calling, I look upon her as a symbol of God’s providence that no matter what, the Lord will always be my source of grace. Mary has been filled with grace for she offered everything to the Lord, so as I am called to surrender unto Him as well, then the Lord’s grace will accompany me all throughout my very existence.


Bro Nanan
Chapter Head



No comments:

Post a Comment