Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Never doubt in the dark what Jesus told you in the light (12/27)

Gospel: John 20:1-8

So Peter and the other disciple started for the tomb. Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying there but did not go in. Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, as well as the cloth that had been wrapped around Jesus’ head. The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen. Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed. ~ John 20:3-8


In this gospel our faith is being questioned from time to time. Sometimes we lose faith when trials and problems arise. My life trials and challenges often happen to be family-related which I consider as my greatest weakness.
My mom was diagnosed with Renal disease (kidney disease) and it is already at the final stage, meaning she needs to be dialyze in order to clean the toxic inside her body and if not she will die. And so our family’s faith is tested. We prayed for guidance and healing but still trials kept on coming. The more we got closer to Him the more trials happen. However, we just keep our faith and believe that God has a better plan for all of us especially for my mom. Now I realize how blessed we are. Though Mom is on dialysis for more than 11 years her hospitalization is free, both medication and treatment...it’s all through God’s grace. I haven't seen my mom for 15 years and I always ask the question “why”. God answered me – “to prolong my mother's life”. He gives us hope that one day we will be reunited again in one table eating and enjoying each other’s company. God works in things you can never imagine and dream of. Last August my mom is admitted and was critical again. She was in ICU for two months and in an unresponsive (comatose) state.
We never doubted God. We just held on to our faith. I know deep in my heart He will never leave us. The power of faith is so amazing that even the doctor could not believe my mother recovered. I never expected that I could talk again with my mom because the doctor said she has a stroke. Some part of her brain was damaged and she can only remember little things. She cannot walk and even speak. God’s power turns the impossible into possible. Now I can talk with my mother, she walks and even laughs. How great is the love of God for us. He loves us even before we were born. No matter what the future brings...”Never doubt in the dark, what Jesus told you in the light.” PRAISE GOD.



Bro Rupert
Unit 2

4 comments:

  1. i honor u bro for your faithfulness in GOD!

    God bless you and your family especially your mom.

    - con

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep that kind of faith bro! Very inspiring
    sis aRn

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep your faith to GOD...
    GOD is the author of life,He is the reason why things are allowed to happen..
    He holds destiny,, he knows when,,he knows why..he knows you perfectly..He made you..So when your life is all mixed up and things get heavier..
    TRUST HIM...
    He makes all things beautiful and meaningful in HIS time.. Praise the LORD..

    (GAH)

    ReplyDelete