Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Straighten the Path… This is His path (12/04)

Gospel: Mark 1:1-8

“a voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.’” ~ Mark 1:3

“May we be able to follow the right path in our lives and serve our purpose in this world.”  This is one of my prayers every night before I sleep. This is quite an uneasy job. Temptations are just too inviting; painful moments are not that easy to forget.  Two months ago we had a heated argument with my immediate boss and the result was an additional one-day work per week. It was unacceptable for me but then it’s a take it or live it chance. I don’t want to lose my job so I had to bear the burden of waking up early in the Saturday morning while all my roommates are still snoring. In my heart, I couldn’t forgive my boss! When I go to church, I’m praying for that. I was really dismayed. But one recent weekend we had this retreat. One of the topics talked about healing. I thought of many things; my shortcomings, my intentional mistakes and my unforgivable boss who make me feel unwell emotionally.  On the other hand, I realized all the blessings I have had. I still have a decent job, earning fair enough, healthy, comfortable, safe, helped a few in need,  a loving family, etc.  It’s just overwhelming and this boss was somehow more than good to me than being cruel sometimes. I regret of feeling bad against him and I decided to forgive him. I felt better. The following day, it was Saturday, and I was in the office as usual. Surprisingly, he came in and said; “Let’s return our 2-day weekend. So now you’re happy?” I said, “Very happy!”  “But remember this,  I was really upset with you.” he added.  I just kept my silence.  Now I find relief! I felt I was forgiven also by forgiving my boss.  It was such a sweet heavenly grace!

Let us remember John who was born, lived holy and done a great job to prepare Jesus’s way. It’s every ones job. Let’s make our own paths straight… for this is the path for our Lord!


Sis Crest
Unit 5

1 comment:

  1. May your superiors and co-employees see Christ in you.....

    So happy for you Crest!

    May God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete