Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Open arms (12/18)

Gospel: Luke 1:26-38

“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. ~ Luke 1:38


In this Gospel, we as Christians are challenged on how we will respond to God’s calling. Sometimes, we too are puzzled why such thing is happening to us. But just like Mary, we too must surrender our whole self to God and say YES to His call. Always remember that God has a great plan for us and can do impossible thing in us.

The dialogue between Gabriel and Mary outlines the journey in any call. I can relate this Gospel to my personal experience when I first join the SFC Community. I know He has a wonderful plan why I was able to know this community; and without hesitation, I said yes to Him. My journey with the community moves from bewilderment to certainty. God just want me to experience how great His love for me is. And as I go on with my fruitful journey, the challenge for me now is to share and bring more souls to Him; by accepting and saying “yes” through guiding our brothers and sisters in Christ and taking this great responsibility in my hand. I believe that there is nothing impossible with God, and He will guide me all the way throughout this journey.

Mother Mary’s “yes” to our Creator makes a new move; a move to make us whole and be saved. With me saying “yes,” to God, I know I can make a move as well to help our brothers and sisters to know more about God.



Sis Jhen
Unit 7

No comments:

Post a Comment